I have
held my tongue
held my breath
held my heart
for way too long.

I just can't keep it in any longer
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
If you are offended by the occasional wirty dord, obscenity, or naked truth please put on your sunglasses.

Wait.

I think you should all put on your sunglasses.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Saturday, April 22, 2017

The Knight


Most people know that I’d rather have a simultaneous root canal, mammogram, and colonoscopy than ask for help.  I don’t like feeling vulnerable and I don’t like relying on others – my experience with both is not something I’d like to repeat. 

Since my Dad died and the bank seized all of his liquid assets and will not release them, all I’ve been doing is asking people for help.  I’m even saying please.

I’m experiencing a whole new level of shock and awe as people sort-of-politely refuse, stating “You’re taken care of now; I don’t need to help you.”  Or my other favorite, “You’re smart enough; you’ll figure it out.”

Wow.  Just WOW.

And not all of my requests are for money.

This from the mouths of people for whom I’ve spent years bending over backwards to oblige. 

I wouldn’t be asking if I wasn’t totally desperate.  I wouldn’t be asking if I had anywhere else to go. 

And then out of the blue (as his fashion), The Knight rode back into my vibration and saved the day. 

Just like that. 

Just like the last time.

Just like the last time, he gave me hope 10 minutes after the last drop dried up.

And it all starts with hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment