I have
held my tongue
held my breath
held my heart
for way too long.

I just can't keep it in any longer
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
If you are offended by the occasional wirty dord, obscenity, or naked truth please put on your sunglasses.

Wait.

I think you should all put on your sunglasses.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Groundhog Day

So Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow today. Six more weeks of winter. Wonderful.

As February is the month of love and I *am* Venus, I've decided to devote the entire month to all of the times Love has bitch-slapped me so hard I bled out my ass.


I include all types of Love in this: Love of Fellow Man, Love of Country, Love of a Good Steak...along with more traditional interpretations and applications of this most maddening state of being.

Which I hate, by the way.

I hate being in love. I hate loving people.

(Yes, I know that "in love" and "love" are the same thing.  Sometimes I just like to verbally spar with people.  It's so rare that I find a worthy opponent.)

I swore to myself it would never happen again. I swore to myself that I would not add anyone else to the very short list of people that I love. It's just too God-damned painful. Being the goddess that I am, to ease my despair, I have to go out and zap someone/thing.

It gets messy.

I hope this dark winter ends eventually.

I hope to be able to once again enjoy a more stable, durable kind of Love: 

Love of Yardwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment