I have
held my tongue
held my breath
held my heart
for way too long.

I just can't keep it in any longer
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
If you are offended by the occasional wirty dord, obscenity, or naked truth please put on your sunglasses.

Wait.

I think you should all put on your sunglasses.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Monday, April 12, 2010

What Happened?!

I know you want to know “What happened?!” and I do not want to talk about it.

I don’t what to talk about it because I do not have an answer; I have no idea what happened.

What I *do* know is that, somehow, after all of those words, all that's left is silence.

I could just die from shame and humiliation.  I don't know which is worse:  the concrete prison I cannot bust out of or my part in constructing it.

The quest for the answer to “What happened?!!” has driven me insane. So to hear externally what I incessantly hear internally tears at the very fine threads that are barely keeping my insides in.

That’s why the retreat.

 


1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we must retreat to find a balance. I've done a bit of a retreat myself as of late. So I get it. Sometimes silence is the only way we can speak without betraying ourselves. Or maybe I'm only imposing my own reasons for a need for silence on yours... Who can ever be sure?

    ReplyDelete