I have
held my tongue
held my breath
held my heart
for way too long.

I just can't keep it in any longer
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
If you are offended by the occasional wirty dord, obscenity, or naked truth please put on your sunglasses.

Wait.

I think you should all put on your sunglasses.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Is THAT What It is All About?

All of the crap we have to endure just prepares us for the more elevated forms of crap we have yet to endure?

Really?

That's it?  That's the goal?

A high tolerance for crap?

* * * * *

As I consider this, I think about Jesus (I'm reading The Expected One).  He had a high tolerance for crap (basically). 

Is that what enlightenment is?  A high tolerance for crap?

I suppose it is enlightened to be able to understand that from crap comes the flower of understanding:  Our ability to love and forgive both circumstance and others is a direct reflection of our ability to love and forgive both our lives and ourselves.

It is definitely enlightened to be thankful for fertilizer.

2 comments:

  1. it's the little things. and the beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "I suppose it is enlightened to be able to understand that from crap comes the flower of understanding: Our ability to love and forgive both circumstance and others is a direct reflection of our ability to love and forgive both our lives and ourselves." If I'm perfectly honest though I must admit I find it much easier to forgive others than to forgive myself in all circumstances...

    ReplyDelete