I have
held my tongue
held my breath
held my heart
for way too long.

I just can't keep it in any longer
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
If you are offended by the occasional wirty dord, obscenity, or naked truth please put on your sunglasses.

Wait.

I think you should all put on your sunglasses.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Monday, July 5, 2010

Perspective

If one more person says to me “What is the lesson you can learn from this?” I am going to sock him/her in the head.

It just sounds like I am being punished, as in “I have not learned my lesson yet” and the flogging will continue until I do.

I *do* feel punished and have spent an inordinate amount of time on my knees and an incredible amount of energy trying to figure out the appropriate penance for whatever the hell I did in the first place.

To no avail.

So, in yet another attempt to make sense of the incomprehensible, I am going to STOP asking what I did wrong or to create this situation or what I am supposed to learn from all this.

Instead, I am going to be grateful for the gifts that come/came from this situation, even if they are silent and invisible. And not sparkly.

I know they’re there.

Maybe now I will finally understand what in the hell happened. What in the hell created the vacuum that sucked out all hope, joy and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment