I have
held my tongue
held my breath
held my heart
for way too long.

I just can't keep it in any longer
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
If you are offended by the occasional wirty dord, obscenity, or naked truth please put on your sunglasses.

Wait.

I think you should all put on your sunglasses.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Update

This morning, I walked out onto my patio to discover two scruffy-looking men helping themselves to my (pressure-treated, pre-cut, stacked) wood.

While this situation eventually got straightened out (in 2008, I told my next door neighbors they could use the wood to repair the fence that we share); that’s not the point.

The point is: Had this situation occurred any day before today it would have turned out totally different.

Had I heard a strange noise on the patio and discovered two men helping themselves to my pressure-treated, pre-cut, stacked wood any time between June 2006 – January 11, 2010, I would have:

  • called 911;
  • activated the alarm;
  • stormed out the back (gun drawn); and,
  • roared “GET THE HELL OFF MY PROPERTY.”
When the police arrived, I would have filed charges.

Today, January 12, 2010, I did none of those things. I calmly went out the back door – I think I surprised them more than they surprised me – and asked what was going on. I might be able to talk them into doing a couple of things for me. 

That’s progress

Of course, I remain insulted by Life and I have a hole the size of the Grand Canyon in my heart, but…this situation could have turned out sooooo much differently. In fact, I’m not sure it wasn’t all a dream.

And...someone else removed one pile of clutter!  Maybe there’s hope for 2010 after all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment